Monday, July 11, 2011

DIY Harry Potter Party Ideas {plus FREE printables!!}

The final installment of the Harry Potter movie saga comes out this Friday!! To celebrate why not have a Potter party? Here are a few must-haves for your wizards and witches...




Photo credit: Oh, Mishka




THE LETTER


The acceptance letter (invitation to your party) written with the authentic fonts from the first book. It's really pretty easy if you know where to look. You can find the text here. And directions on how to download the fonts here. Follow the directions and voila!! You are the coolest!



PLATFORM 9 3/4


You have to have Platform 9 3/4! It's a must! Place it over a doorway or hall entrance and have your party guests fun through it. You can easily make this brick wall entrance to the Hogwarts Express with stuff you may have around your house.



You will need:





  • An old sheet (size depends on the opening of you doorway)


  • Different shades of red paint with blue, black, and cream paint


  • A paint brush


  • Old rag


  • Willingness to get really mess

Lightly blend the paints together on a plate. But don't mix them. It really doesn't matter how much of each color you use, just have fun with it. Use an old rag to blotch the colors on your sheet. Then smear all over any way you want. Just cover the sheet.



Then take your paint brush with black paint and make brick designs. This doesn't have to be perfect. The imperfections give it an antique look.



HOGWARTS EXPRESS SIGN


Now you need the Hogwarts Express sign. That's easy...just download the PDF I made HERE and enjoy! (please remember this download is for personal use only)





Stay with me this week and I will share some other fun Harry Potter party ideas.


I'm linking to...






11 comments:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard
    work due to no back up. Do you have any solutions to
    prevent hackers?

    Here is my homepage ... wikipeople.ru

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that is among the so much significant info for me.
    And i'm happy reading your article. However want to remark on few normal things, The site taste is ideal, the articles is in reality nice : D. Excellent activity, cheers

    Stop by my blog post ... dishwasher reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stuff of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable experience on the topic of unpredicted emotions.


    my blog post ... window seat cushions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your
    articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and
    everything. But imagine if you added some great graphics or video clips to give your
    posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and
    videos, this site could certainly be one of the best in its field.

    Awesome blog!

    My web site: http://wikipedia.ufm.edu.gt/index.php?title=Usuario:FrankMorr

    ReplyDelete
  5. My coder is trying to convince me to move to .

    net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on
    several websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform.
    I have heard very good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it?

    Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

    Here is my website 18 inch dishwasher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection
    of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us valuable information to work on.
    You have done a marvellous job!

    my homepage - teak cutting boards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, I've recently been searching for info approximately this subject for a while and yours is the best I've discovered so far.
    But, what about the bottom line? Are you positive about the source?


    Here is my page white board paint

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's certainly a great deal to know about this subject.
    I really like all the points you've made.

    my webpage - toile de piscine hors terre Sherbrooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. This way you can do more of what is working and improve traffic and sales further.
    If you want to find real ways to make money online just plan to put in a
    little time and effort. Since, Internet technology is progressive in every sense; this becomes
    all the more important.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good day! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new
    project in a community in the same niche. Your
    blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done a outstanding job!



    Here is my web blog; search for attorney

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grewat article. I'm facing some of these issuews as well..


    Look injto my webpage - kids karaoke machine (risingtidebook.com)

    ReplyDelete