Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Harry Potter Dessert Table {with free printables}


No Harry Potter movie night is complete without Honeydukes Sweetshop. My family hosted a week long Potter movie marathon to celebrate the release of HP7: Part 2. I set up a dessert table with yummy treats just like the ones in the movies.



The chocolate frogs were easy to make. Melt a good quality milk chocolate and pour into frog candy molds. Freeze for a short time to set. Pop them out and serve.






The chocolate wands were made by my daughter. Melt milk chocolate and dip pretzel rods. Place on waxed paper and freeze to set. These were by far the most popular treat.





The children had lots of fun pretending the levitating lemon drops really made them float. The Every Flavor Beans were simply jellybeans. But I think Jelly Belly's would be best.






Acid pops can be made by taking Blow Pops and dipping them in honey then dipping them in crushed Pop Rocks candy. The Pop Rocks will give a fizz in the mouth feeling like acid. I wanted soooo bad to do this, but I couldn't find Pop Rocks anywhere. But the regular pops went over pretty well. Then I added some Laughing Taffy to our table just for fun.




You can pick up the FREE printable labels I made for our desert table HERE.




You can pick up the FREE printable Honeydukes sign HERE.








2 comments:

  1. hi..thought your sign is free! seems I have to pay a monthly subscription?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and may come back from now on.
    I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great work,
    have a nice day!

    My web-site; louis vuitton uk

    ReplyDelete